Glasgow based Russell Timber Technology is one of the UK’s leading sub-contractors offering Design, Manufacture, Supply and Installation of precision engineered timber and alu-clad windows and doors for large scale new build and refurbishment housing projects.
As a result of continued growth and a very healthy order book, they are recruiting for a Despatch Administrator to work in the Production Office Team for their office in Whiteinch, Glasgow.
This is a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, accuracy, problem solving and understanding of time critical work is vital.
The role would suit someone with a minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably from a construction/joinery workshop background, 3rd party haulage hiring knowledge is advantageous.
You will need excellent communication skills and be comfortable dealing with people at all levels, as well as the ability to multi-task and work effectively and efficiently.
Responsibilities include -
- general administrative support
- processing orders, allocating stock, creating despatch paperwork
- organising transport with 3rd party hauliers
- despatching orders and arranging collections
- dealing with customer enquiries, via email and phone
- checking Production Planning Schedules and planning despatch (in house system)
Essential Skills -
- sound administration skills with excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- strong IT skills, to include Microsoft Office
- excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet customer requirements
- A high level of numeracy, with the ability to problem solve and make decisions quickly
It is beneficial if you have experience in Sage 200, however training can be provided and experience of dealing with 3rd party hauliers to arrange transport of finished goods to sites throughout the UK is preferred but not essential
The role is paying a salary up to £23,000, depending on experience, there is free parking at the office with working hours of 8am to 4pm Mon to Fri.
Russell Timber Technology is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation, or age.