Founded in 1985, Comfort Care Services is a specialist care organisation providing support for vulnerable adults with complex caring needs.
With a Head Office in Slough and a further site in Uxbridge they are now looking for an experienced HR Manager. This new role offers an excellent career development opportunity, to join a highly professional and successful business, which is projected to grow further in 2023.
The HR Manager reports to the Head of HR and leads a team of eight HR Officer’s providing HR support, advice, and guidance to the management team for a headcount of around 1300 staff. This is a hands-on and highly operational HR role, which is demanding and requires a high degree of resilience.
The HR Manager will work with the operational management teams to ensure the effective management of teams across the business with the key role requirements being -
- Day to day management and support of the HR team
- HR support to attract retain, reward, and develop staff
- Management of staff related risks in the organisation to ensure that any issues are resolved with minimal disruption and cost to the business
- Daily, weekly, and monthly deliverables relating to compliance
- Support the resolution of complex employee relations cases
- Ensure the organisation structure is fit for purpose with clear accountability and responsibility in place for all job roles
- Review and update key HR documents (job profiles, handbooks, policies, and procedures)
- Planning for growth through succession planning and individual talent development
The ideal candidate will be CIPD qualified with a degree or business qualification, who is a strong HR generalist with a minimum 3 years’ UK HR experience.
It is essential you have experience of running an HR team together with the management of complex employee relations cases. You must have the right to work in the UK and have a thorough understanding, and working experience, of UK employment law and best practice.
The role is based between Slough and Uxbridge together with occasional site visits, you will need to have your own vehicle for which mileage will be paid.
The salary on offer is up to £50,000 although this may be higher if the individuals experience merits it.
Please note the role does not offer a work from home or hybrid work option, there is some flexibility for working from home occasionally, and you will be based across both locations.